3D printing technology has become more and more popular among individuals and big businesses. It innovatively implements across a wide variety of their workflows to create industrial elements, footwear, body parts, cars, and even houses with the assistance of digital 3D models and high-grade materials.
And a maker knows that the higher the quality of your 3D model, the more you can do with it. As a consumer-grade 3D scanner, POP can output accuracy of up to 0.3mm, satisfying your 3D art and design creation requirement. Wanna get a perfect 3D model? The POP scanner is exactly the affordable 3D scanner that you need!
Revopoint Team has created some fun stuff recently. The bird wind chime and a pair of earrings are among them. The following are the works:
The Bird Wind Chime The Earring
And we detail how to make the earring as an example.
The Team made the antler earrings by scanning Santa Claus’s reindeer sculpture with a POP 3D scanner. It is artwork for home decoration, surprising that it inspires Revopoint Team to create a totally different object!
Actual Antler Necklace Scanned 3D model
The following are steps how we made the earrings:
- Scan the Santa Claus’s Reindeer with a POP 3D scanner and get a high-quality 3D model; refer to the picture in the upper right.
- Import the Reindeer model to the blender and then cut off the deer horn of the 3D model to reprocess it.
- Bend the deer horn to fit the shape of ears, trying to meet human engineering; dig three holes for setting gems.
- Print the processed earrings by a resin printer.
- Spray a layer of acrylic paint on the printed earring first, then a layer of smoothing agent to smooth the surface.
- Inlay the prepared gems after the agent is dry.
Here are the videos of all processes to make the designed works:
The Earring: https://youtu.be/sbzdCbi4fws
The Bird Wind Chime: https://youtu.be/YEc83e6RUVY
The final works look very surprising. The Revopoint POP played an important role in these art designs. In the future, 3D scanners will be a necessary creative tool for artists. Revopoint POP will be the most affordable 3D scanner for artists.